Monday 21 November 2016

'Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop' by Jane Linfoot (Review)

Good Evening and Welcome to blog post no. 2.

Today I will be reviewing, ‘Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop’ by Jane Linfoot.

I have been desperate to join a book club in so long. So when @WriterlyYours got in touch on Twitter to take part in the Christmas Readathon, excited is an understatement.

As you may have seen from my Twitter description box, I am getting married (really?) in May 2018 and so when I saw this book on the Writerly Yours Twitter page, I just had to read it. 

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year and after reading, ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’ by Khaled Hosseini (which I absolutely loved, may I add. The review is up already), I wanted something a little more 'light hearted' to get my teeth stuck into and what better than a Winter romance.






Seraphina East is a Wedding Dress designer who lives in a quaint little sea side town in Cornwall. Sera works alongside Jess, the ‘Brides By The Sea’ shop owner who keeps Sera on her toes with her bossy big sisterly ways (which Sera actually very much appreciates). Sera is mortified when her big sister ‘bridezilla’ Alice asks her to take charge of her wedding planning. Sera unwillingly agrees. 
The first task on Sera’s Wedding list is to meet the Best Man, Quinn. 
One day, as Jess is pushing Sera to try on her bridesmaid dress for Alice’s big day, there is a knock at the shop door. Sera hears a familiar voice that makes her stomach turn. It’s her ex- crush (I think 'crush' is the appropriate word), Johnny, from uni who Kate seems to remember completely ignoring her when she tried to contact him a few years ago. What is he doing here? 
I enjoyed this read as it was just what I needed at the time and it made me feel very excited to start planning my own wedding and for Christmas.
If you would like a light hearted, wintery warmer of a romance novel then here it is!

3.5/5 stars.


S x




No comments:

Post a Comment